Many people do not realize that there could be a link between their teeth and their overall health. While you’ve likely heard about the mouth-body link in terms of gum disease, there is overwhelming scientific evidence to suggest that problems with the mouth structure can lead to breathing problems and sleep disorders. This is why Dr. Ratti Handa offers biorejuvenation dentistry to her patients in Acton, MA.
When is Biorejuvenation Dentistry Used?
Both children and adults can benefit from biorejuvenation to address common dental concerns:
- Tooth, jaw, and facial pain
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Teeth clenching or grinding, especially at night
This form of dentistry is also used to treat sleep disorders like sleep apnea. When most people suspect a sleep disorder, they rarely think their dentist is the expert to consult. However, an airway-centered dentist like Dr. Handa, who understands the connection between breathing and the structures of the mouth and face, can use the airway-centered approach to treat a growing list of oral and overall health concerns that can be tied to sleep issues.
Biorejuvenation Dentistry Treatments
This form of dentistry includes treatments you’re likely already familiar with. The goal of biorejuvenation dentistry is to ensure a stable jaw, and seeks to address the airway structure problems using oral appliances, orthodontics and other minimally invasive dental treatments.
- Dental crowns: A crown is used to repair a damaged tooth and avoid extraction.
- Invisalign: Straightening teeth can improve the stability of the jaw and contribute to successful treatment of sleep problems.
- Dentures and partials: Dentures fill in the gaps left by missing teeth and allow patients to speak, eat, and sleep naturally.
- Oral appliances: An oral appliance worn during sleep supports the airway to allow you to get a full night’s rest.
- Dental implants: Implants take the root of the missing tooth to stimulate jaw tissue production and keep the existing natural teeth secure in the jaw.
Acton, MA Airway Centered Dentistry
Dr. Handa welcomes new patients and also provides second opinions for the diagnosis and treatment of TMJ and sleep disorders. To schedule an appointment please contact us at 978.212.3783 or request one online.